Chocolate Blackberry Cream Cookies

Until I was 5, we had blueberry bushes down
our drive way, but after that we
moved to a house where blackberries grew along the other side of the road.  My parents still live in that house, and I went and picked blackberries there for the first time in at least 5 years.  As soon as I got close to the berries, it started to really smell like summer.  Then once I tasted a berry, it was all over.  One for me, one for the bowl, one for me….
Chocolate Cookies:

1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup powdered sugar
Blackberry Cream:
4 ounces cream cheese
¼ cup butter
2-3 tablespoons blackberry     puree, strained
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
Blackberries to decorate
1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2.    Gently combine eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
3.    Sift (for easy mixing) in Devil’s Food Cake Mix and stir until combined.  Dough will be very firm.
4.    Make dough balls (about 1 ½ T in size) and then pat them out into disks ¾ thick.
5.    Cover the dough in powdered sugar and place on cookie sheets
6.   Bake for 7-10 minutes.
7.    Blackberry Cream: Beat all ingredients and adjust taste and consistency as needed.  (More powdered sugar to thicken, more purree or milk to loosen.)
8.   Pipe cream onto cooled cookies and top with fresh blackberries.

10 thoughts on “Chocolate Blackberry Cream Cookies

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says:

I adore picking berries! I miss the U-pick farm that was down the street from where I grew up. So sad my parents moved. Cookies look fabulous!

Heather Tovey says:

Mmm. This looks amazing. I'm going to have to add this to my "List of Amazing Desserts to Make Eventually!"

I have never been berry picking, but I definitely want to go now!

[…] Your Cup of Cake, a blog I found thanks to […]

Elyce Danielle says:

Hey Lizzy, I just found your site through Pintrest and I am in love! I am going to try these next weekend and I know my next question will probably sound ridiculous however I’m new to baking: what type of oil should be used? Vegetable, olive, etc. ? Other than that I think these will be amazing!! Wish me luck!! 🙂 and thank you for this amazing site!!!!

Diane says:

Now this may sound stupid but what is blackberry puree and where can you buy it?

Diane says:

could you use blackberry jam?

cell to get says:

May I just say what a relief to uncovr someone that really
    knows what they’retalking about on the net. You definitely realize how to bring
    a problem to light and make it important. More and more people really nee to look at this and understand this side
    of the story. I was surprisded you aren’t moree popular since you surely possess the gift.