Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes

I have found the solution to cavities!  Two years ago I went to the dentist and they said I had 9 cavities.  I did nothing about them except eat 2-3 cupcakes a week.  I went to the dentist last week, and now I have only 1 cavity.  So a cupcake a day keeps the dentist away!

Banana Cakes
3 large or 4 small bananas very ripe
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 2/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2/3 cup buttermilk
Banana Pudding
Instant banana pudding mix
(follow directions on box)
Whipped Cream Topping
1 pint whipped cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
Graham cracker crumbs to decorate
1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.  (Yields 24)
2.    Mash bananas with lemon juice in a small bowl using a fork.  Mash well.
3.    Cream butter with sugar and brown sugar for 3 minutes.  Scrape down bowl as necessary.
4.    On low, add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
5.    Add vanilla.
6.   In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
7.    Add half the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture.
8.   Add buttermilk.
9.   Add remaining dry ingredients.  Be careful not to over mix, and continually scrape down the bowl to mix evenly.
10.Fill cupcake liners 3-4 full and bake for 16-24 minutes, or until and inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
11.   Prepare banana pudding according to box directions.
12.  When the cupcakes are done, use a knife to make a shallow hole at the top of each cupcake.  When almost cooled, generously spoon pudding into each hole.
13.  Whipped Topping: Using a whisk or a whisk attachment, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.  Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix well.
14.  Pipe onto cooled cupcakes either around or on top of the pudding.  Top with graham cracker crumbs.

20 thoughts on “Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes

Heather says:

Those look amazing!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says:

So pretty and tasty looking!

Patti says:

Just wondering, was it the same dentist both times?
    Your cupcake creativity is unbelievable. Great job on these!

Patty H. says:

These look so wonderful! I can just taste them now, and my husband, the banana lover, is going to really be ecstatic if I make these.

Emily P says:

Can you tell me, do the mashed bananas go in the cupcake batter or in the pudding?

Kaliko R. says:

I would imagine the bananas go into the batter for the cupcake part, since they're part of the list of ingredients in the "banana cakes" section.

SJ says:

Wow, these look soo good!

a cupcake a day keeps the dentist away….holding my sides laughing…:)

website says:

This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Kudos!

Jeannie Bee says:

I love the way you bake, but after reading, I love the way you think too. =) Yes, I will follow the motto that a cupcake a day keeps the dentist away. LOL

It’s an awesome piece of writing in favor of all the internet people; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

[…] via Your Cup of Cake […]

[…] has pumpkin in it. If you want some other pie-as-cupcake recipes, I’ve done some great banana cream pie cupcakes you should check out! Pumpkin Pie Cakes 24 Golden Oreos ½ cup oil ½ cup applesauce 3 […]

Barbara says:

I noticed you said add cinnamon but I didn’t see that on the ingredient list. How much cinnamon ?

Kurin says:

I was just wonding if the whipped cream was a liquid or is it like cool whip whipped topping?

Yvonnie says:

I just made these and added a thimble full of banana liqueur to the batter. Absolutely charming little cupcakes. Thanks!

susie says:

Lizzy I am planning on making this for mothers day. How do i store them with the pudding in them and the whipped icing on top? I need to make them saturday morning for I will not have time to make on sunday. Help and thanks ahead of time! Susie In Cali

Hanna W says:

Just re-discovered this recipe after pinning it a couple years ago… my fiancee LOVES banana pudding and these will be perfect! Can’t wait to make these this weekend :)