Bucket List

_DSC2613

This year I’m doing things a little differently.  Instead of making a New Year’s resolution list, how about a life long bucket list?  I always make resolutions to drink more water, exercise more… but I’ll be honest, I’m not too good with following through on the yearly list, maybe because it’s always boring.  Perhaps a more exciting and “fun” list of things will have more success. [end-story]

So, over the last few months I’ve finally started to write down all the things I want to do so that I don’t forget.  I’ve just kept adding things to the list on my phone and this is what I have so far.  Most of the things are silly and simple, some of them will never happen, but a few may actually happen one of these days.

Lizzy’s Bucket List:

1. Plant a tree and watch it grow
2. See Jeremy Jordan perform live, preferable serenading me with this song
3. Sky dive
4. Travel Europe
5. Take “photo booth” pictures with someone I love
6. Wear a tiara
7. Write a book (non-cookbook)
8. Pull an all-nighter
20. Build a fort and sleep in it
21. Own a food processor
22. Wake up in the middle of the night and make a sandwich
23. Go to six flags
24. Be on the cover of a magazine
25. Be in a video on YouTube with over 1 million views
26. Frolic through a corn field (I’ll settle for wheat)
27. Carve my name in a tree
28. Kiss someone on the “kiss cam” at a game
29. Wear a cheerleader outfit
30. Eat Chinese food out of the boxes with chopsticks
31. Have a “Spaghetti Kiss” (from Lady and the Tramp)
32. Make and wear a wild flower crown
33. Eat oysters
34. Watch all the Godfather movies
35. Play Twister
I’m 23, so hopefully I can fit it all in!

What’s on YOUR bucket list?

_DSC2620

Photos by Rachel Haslam Photgraphy

15 thoughts on “Bucket List

Carol H says:

Great list… am sure quite a few will be fulfilled.

I have ony list: milk a cow, take my girls to Europe, take a cruise near Alaska, visit more cities/towns in my current home state, go zipping…

Happy New Year!

Pam says:

I love this post. My resolutions usually don’t stick, so maybe I will try it your way this year!

I guess a few things on my list would be to go to culinary school, dine in a 5-star restaurant, go see the magical world of Harry Potter, and to finish writing my fiction novel that I started years ago.

Looking forward to another year of great ideas from you, Lizzy! Happy new year!

Jennifer Hatcher says:

I love this post and I truly hope that you accomplish all on your bucket list. I have to say, this was a great way of starting my day.

I guess a few of the things I have wanted to do is own a pastry shop and the other is rent a villa in Italy for the summer and taste my way through the Tuscany Valley.

Wishing a prosperous year for all, Happy New year!

Lin Larson says:

My bucket list this year includes traveling. First to Ireland and then to Cape Cod. Italy and Australia will also be on my list, but the first two are definite. Happy New Year to one and all. I think bucket lists are so much better than resolutions anytime!

Faith says:

#6 and #8; do them together. Pull an all-nighter wearing a tiara – go girl, just do it!

Great list! Mine is mostly travel destinations…someday I will get to them!

Happy New Year!

Marjolein says:

If you come to Europe, say Amsterdam or Brussels, I’ll wait for you at the airport with your name on a sign ;).

alexis says:

A worthy list, Lizzy, I hope you accomplish all.

Ellie says:

New Year and New Beginnings! I know that you will accomplish anything that you want to do Lizzy! I’m Ellie and I’m 15 years old. I got your recipe book for my 15th birthday, and I’ve been hooked on it and your blog since I got your book! I love baking and cooking so much and I am hoping that this year I can master some new techniques! I love to mix up some of your recipes in your book to make new ones, I have even created some of my own! I really wanted to share with you one: York Peppermint Patty Cupcakes! Its inspired by your Andes Mints and Cookies and Cream cupcakes (those are my favorites!). It has a York peppermint patty on the bottom of a chocolate cupcake with a chocolate peppermint ganache with a peppermint frosting with a York on top :) You should try it sometime and tell me if its a good idea or not. Thanks for everything Lizzy!!

Vicky says:

I actually wore a tiara all day on my 50th birthday – everywhere I went. One little girl in a store I was in turned to her mom and said ” mommy, is that lady a princess?” before she could answer her daughter I said “I am for today!”. It was great! Don’t wait til 50 – start at 30 and do it at each decade.
    You are a beautiful, talented, loving young woman – thanks for all the fun things you send our way. Best wishes in filling your “bucket”. The joy is in the journey!

Irene Ponce says:

Nice bucket list! I made my own before 2013 was over. I’m from El Salvador and I’m 25 years old. One of the items on my bucket list is to be on Time Square for New Year’s Eve and have a kiss at 12:00 lol but I also share with you to be on the cover of a magazine and have a kitchen of my own; so good luck with it and hopefully all our dreams will come true soon! Take care!