5 Ingredient Pumpkin Cheesecake Whoopie Pies

Pumpkin Cheese Cake Whoopie Pies

Can you believe you’re just 5 ingredients away from these delicious cookies from pumpkin heaven? Fluffy whipped cream cheesecake filling sandwiched between soft pumpkin cookies. Mmm… they rival my Pumpkin Nutella Muffins from last week!

Pumpkin Cheesecake Oreos

I have a little bit of a curse.  I bake just about every day and things go perfectly, but whenever I’m making something for someone I’m trying to impress, everything goes wrong! My oven goes haywire, my timer glitches, I’m out of butter, the cake gets stuck in the pan!  Even when I think I’m home free and I head out the door, I trip and SPLAT.

5 Ingredient Pumpkin Cheesecake Whoopie Pies

5 Ingredient Pumpkin Cheesecake Whoopie Pies

!Soft Pumpkin Cookies:
1 box spice cake mix (OR yellow cake mix plus 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice)
15 oz. pumpkin puree
1/2 C. oil
!Cheesecake Filling:
1 pkg. Jello instant cheesecake pudding mix
16 oz. whipping cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine cake mix, pumpkin and oil until smooth.
3. Scoop out dough balls about the size of walnuts onto parchment paper and bake for about 14 minutes or until the tops of the cookies "spring" back when you touch them.
4. Let cool.
5. Cheesecake Filling: Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk instant pudding mix and whipping cream together until stiff.
6. Pipe onto the bottom of half the cookies and use the unfrosted cookies to place on top making little cookie sandwiches! Place in a tupperware and let chill until ready to serve!

They bake up so pretty!

The best pumpkin cookies

Whoopie pies are just so perfect looking… And so easy.  They’re always my go-to for parties because they’re easy to make and easy to pack up in a big tupperware.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Whoopie Pies

19 thoughts on “5 Ingredient Pumpkin Cheesecake Whoopie Pies

Carol Schlitt says:

What is the yield of this recipe?

I think your wonderful pumpkin recipes are going to force me to let go of summer! Keep them coming, the all look delicious! And I know what you mean about baking for others. It’s like the added pressure works against you and makes it nearly impossible to get things perfect!

Bailey says:

I am trying these!! do they need to be stored in the fridge?

Ellie says:

Sounds amazing! Hey lizzy I have a question, for homecoming week my club asked me to make cupcakes for the carnival. I need to make 3 different flavors, I’m going to make a blue velvet to represent to school, what two other flavors do u think would be perfect for teenagers?

Any of my candy bar themed cupcakes go great with teens and kids! But honestly, you can also make whatever you want and top them with a piece of a Snickers or a PB cup and they’ll go fast!!

These are so awesome. And they’re perfect Lizzy!

Nancy says:

Lizzy,
    I just made these and used the walnut size batter for the cookie……making 25 whoopie pies……perfect for 1-2 bites. Oh my! Love that cheesecake pudding, and it is soooo rich with the whipped cream! What a fun and delicious …and easy recipe! Just love your blog! Thank you for sharing with all of us! I am feeling Fall coming on already after smelling pumpkin in the house.

Celeste says:

These look seriously delicious <3 pumpkin stuff and this recipe is so easy!!

Trisha says:

I think you should make a red velvet and snicker doodle whoopie pie recipe!

Joan says:

What size pudding mix did you use?

Susan says:

Sooo ready to make and enjoy, but does recipe require a small or large package of Jello? Thanks!

Jordan says:

Do you make the pudding mix and then add whip cream or do you just dump the mix in and add whip cream?

Laura says:

I love these whoopie pies and they’re super easy! I’m wanting to make red velvet whoopie pies. Do you know of a good substitute for pumpkin puree?

Dawna says:

I made this today and everyone LOVED it! I was told that I have to make it every year. Thanks for this super easy and yummy recipe!