Somedays I admit embarrassing things–today is one of those days. The weather here in Oregon is sunny one day and rainy the next. Some cloudy mornings I just don’t want to get out of bed. So when my alarm goes off, I pull the covers up over my head and play Fine By Me on my phone once or twice and then I am ready for my day of baking.
I’ll admit I do this even on the sunny days, it’s just such an adorable song! But hopefully by the 4th of July I will have moved on to a new wake-up song.[end-story]
Red, White & Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 TB sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter softened
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners or use souffle cups like I did.
2. In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
3. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk and oil.
4. Pour egg mixture, cranberries and white chocolate chips into dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon just until combined.
5. Gently fold in blueberries.
6. Topping: Mix sugar and cinnamon together. Cut in butter and mix well.
6. Fill liners 3/4 full, sprinkle with topping and bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted knife/toothpick comes out clean.