Waking up to the rain is bitter sweet. It makes me miss Oregon and all my memories from under the clouds and pine trees, but it also makes it quite hard to leave my cozy covers.
So instead of making some fancy filled cupcake, I stuck with some classic Rice Crispy Treats but jazzed them up a bit.
Oreo Rice Crispy Treats
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows 12 oz bag
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-6 C. rice puff cereal
- 23 Oreos roughly chopped
White and Dark Chocolate to drizzle
1. Prepare an 8X13 inch pan by greasing it with butter or use foil to line the pan.
2. In a large, microwave proof bowl, place marshmallows, butter and vanilla extract.
3. Heat for 1 minute in the microwave, stir and then continue microwaving and stirring in 20 seconds intervals until smooth.
4. Add rice cereal (more if you like it crunchier and less if you like it chewier) and stir until well coated.
5. Fold in chopped Oreos.
6. Dump into prepared pan and pat down with buttered hands to fit pan.
7. Drizzle with melted white and dark chocolate for decoration.