Today I’m giving you another glimpse into my new cookbook Make it with a Cake Mix with this heavenly Oreo Cake! Cream cheese frosting, chocolate cake, cookies & cream filling… what more could you ask for? Oh I know, an easy way to decorate it! I have that too!! Because when I started into the “layered cake” section of my book I wanted to decorate all the cakes using easy tips and tricks.
- 1 box Devil’s food cake mix
- 1 small pkg. chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ C. milk
- ¾ C. oil
- 1 C. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 C. butter softened
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 5-6 C. powdered sugar
2 C. Oreo cookies, crushed
more Oreos for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 3 8-inch pans. (I like to line the bottoms of my pans with foil or parchment for easy removal.)
2. Sift cake mix and instant pudding mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in cake mix and instant pudding mix.
5. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans and use a spatula to spread the batter out flat.
6. Bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. (If you are making only two layers, it will take 20-25 minutes in the oven.)
7. Let cool completely.
8. Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese together. Add vanilla extract and milk and slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
9. Place roughly 1/3 of the frosting into a small bowl with the 2 C. crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and fold until combined. This will be the frosting you use between your cake layers.
10. To assemble your cake, stack all 3 cake layers on top of one another, frosting between the layers as you stack. (Use the frosting made in step 9.) Cover the entire cake with your plain cream cheese frosting and use extra cookies, crushed cookies and melted chocolate to decorate.
If you only make a 2-layered cake, you can make less frosting! Also, these are the cake pans I LOVE because you can use a cake mix and get a tall 3-layerd cake like this one 🙂
Love this cake? Check out my Cook Dough Cake!