Zesty lemon blueberry cream cheese frosting on top of lemon blueberry cupcakes. What could be more perfect for summer?
Okay, these were gorgeous, right?
Alright, let’s be real. We all see the photos of the beautiful kitchens and what do you they always have? A big bowl full of lemons (or some other fruit) in the middle of the table. Are they planning on making a ton of lemonade or what? Because no one goes to Costco and get’s the huge bag of lemons every week!
When I finally have a beautiful kitchen all of my own, I’m going to get a big bowl and fill it with lemons 🙂 Then I will know I’ve made it…
Lemon Cream Blueberry Cupcakes
Lemon Blueberry Cakes:
- 1 box white cake mix
- zest of 2 large lemons
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 3/4 C. plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 C. buttermilk
- 2 C. blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
Fresh Berries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcakes liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl. combine lemon zest, eggs, oil, yogurt and buttermilk until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix and then gently fold in blueberries.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Lemon Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in lemon zest and lemon juice. Add powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with fresh berries.
My little photo set-up by the window! I use my reflector board to bounce light from the window back onto the cupcakes and then a little white tabletop I had made for photos!
I know what you all like… lemon things. I have learned from my Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes with Quick Mousse!