Apple Snickerdoodle Bread is perfect for the fall! Snickerdoodles are always a fan favorite, but adding a little apple really bumps up the flavor! I made a large loaf and 4 muffins and I ate the muffins while they were still piping hot… so good!
Can I add “apple picking” to my bucket list? I want to be totally cliche, out in a field on a ladder wearing flannel filling up a wooden basket with apples. It sounds so perfect–so fall.
oh, oh! And then I can go home and make apple bread and apple pie and apple everything.
Apple Snickerdoodle Bread
- 3 C. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 C. butter softened
- 2 C. sugar
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 C. sour cream
- 2 apples peeled and shredded
- Cinnamon-Sugar for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pans. (You can do mini loaves, muffins, or large loaf pans.)
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together.
3. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and mix after each addition. Add vanilla, sour cream and shredded apples.
4. Add dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over the top.
5. Bake until an inserted knife comes out clean. 17-20 minutes for muffins, 20-25 minutes for mini loaves, and 60-70 minutes for a large loaf. For the large loaf, you may need to cover the top with foil after 40 minutes so the top doesn't get too brown.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
I’ll be making this again for sure! But I think I want to try just doing a big batch of muffins, the 4 I baked with the bread were just so perfect and great for a party! Mmm… I’m really craving these now.