Ready for summer? These Peanut Butter S’mores Brownies are exactly what you need to get in the campfire mood! They start with the fabulous new Purely Simple mix end up tasting and looking like a showstopper dessert! Plus, I made a quick video to show you how to make them!
I’ll admit, when I make brownies I always use a mix. It’s so much faster and foolproof when you start with a box. And with this new Purely Simple line from Pillsbury there are ZERO colors, preservatives or artificial flavors. It’s just the sugar, flour, baking soda and a few other ingredients measured out for you! (I worked with the brownie mix today but they also have cookie, cake mixes and other fun options!)
This quick video will show you just how simple it is to whip up a batch of these brownies!
Brownies are the go-to dessert for summer picnics and potlucks. They don’t melt in the hot car, they’re easy to pile into a tupperware and not much fuss to make. But add a few marshmallows on top and let them broil for just a few extra minutes and you will be the coolest mom (or dad or auntie or person or kid) at the party! Because let’s face it, peanut butter and marshmallows make everything better! And when there is an endless sea or brownies on a table, you have to stand out!
Peanut Butter S'more Brownies
- 1 box Pillsbury Purely Simple Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C oil
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/3 C. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 C. powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 C. marshmallows or enough to cover the pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or 325 depending on your pan, just read the back of the box!) and grease aa 8 or 9 inch pan! I also used parchment paper.
2. Combine brownie mix, egg, oil and water. Pour into pan.
3. In a small bowl combine peanut butter, melted butter and powdered sugar. Drop spoonfuls into the pan with the brownie batter and then use a knife to swirl. See video!
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes depending on the size of your pan and how gooey your like your brownies.
5. Cover the baked brownies with marshmallows and then return to the oven on BROIL for 2-3 minutes, but watch the marshmallows brown or else you may burn them! Each oven is different and the mallows can go from perfectly toasted to burned in a few seconds.
6. Let cool and enjoy!