Soft gingerbread molasses cookies perfect for Christmas! White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies that Santa himself begs me for every year!
White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies for Christmas
Christmas is full of cookies! I’m all about cute cookies like my Ornament Cookies or my Rudolph Cookies or my adorable Wreath Sugar Cookies with the fruit by the foot bows! But this recipe is simple, delicious and beautiful! Just dip these already perfect soft ginger cookies in white chocolate and top with christmas sprinkles! My husband loved these White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies!
The Best Soft Gingerbread Cookies
Yeah, yeah, yeah. You can stamp out cute gingerbread men or your could roll some dough balls and end up with incredibly soft gingerbread cookies. Sure, the gingerbread men are cute but they’re crispy! Eat some caramel corn if you want a crunch! These soft cookies scream christmas, so cozy up next to your tree and put on Elf or It’s a Wonderful Life. My movie of choice? Miracle on 34th Street, both the old and new version! They both still make me cry every time Santa speaks dutch or sign language!
Christmas Cookie Baking Tips
A little tip: While the white chocolate on your cookies is still wet, move them to parchment paper! This way they don’t get stuck on your cooling racks. Also, if you need a cookie scoop (it’s the perfect stocking stuffer) this food scoop is great! The black or purple handled ones are great for normal sized cookies white the yellow scoop is my favorite for cupcakes!
Make them Low Calorie 😉
Of course, the white chocolate is optional. I gave a tin full of these away and I dipped half of them. That way there was a pop of color in the tin but there was still a plain option for the non-chocolate lovers. Plus, leaving off the chocolate means they’re healthy, right? Right. Totally.
Easy to make Christmas Cookies
But seriously, how gorgeous are these? My kitchen counter always fills up with sugar cookies from neighbors and family, but these would totally steal the show! So dare to stand out this Christmas with your Christmas cookies. And guess what, these are less work than sugar cookies! No cutting out, not icing, no fussy decorating. But still packed with tons of flavor!
White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies
- 3 C. flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. salted butter room temperature
- 3/4 C. brown sugar packed
- 1/3 C. dark molasses
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 C. sugar for rolling dough balls
- 3/4 C. white chocolate chips melted for dipping plus 1 tsp. coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl with a whisk.
3. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer add butt and brown sugar to another bowl. Beat for 2 minutes. Add molasses, egg and vanilla extract and beat again. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Mix just until combined, don't over mix. (You can chill the dough at this point for an hour or overnight or go ahead and bake cookies.)
4. Make dough balls roughly the size of a heaping tablespoon and roll in sugar! Then place on cookie sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes. Let cool.
5. Melt white chocolate chips with coconut oil. (If you use white Melts, don't add any oil, you don't need it!) Dip cooled cookies into melted white chocolate and sprinkle with sprinkles!