With summer just around the corner, it means tons of picnics, family reunions, friends getting together and neighborhood parties. And what does every party have? A table to desserts. So what do you go for? Is it the Costco cookies that catch your eye, the sheet cake, the last slice of pie? Well for me, it is always the brownies that get me. You just can’t go too wrong with a brownie. Even made from the box they are delicious and chocolatey heaven.
Chocolate Malt Brownies
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Brownies
- 1/2 C. malt powder Carnation makes a brand
- eggs, oil, and water called for on the back of the box
Chocolate Malt Frosting:
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 1/2 C. cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. malt powder
Malt balls, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare brownies as directed on the back of the box. You can use whatever brand you want, but Betty Crocker is the BEST for brownies. (You can also replace the water called for with milk.)
2. Stir in 1/2 C. malt powder and pour into a greased pan. The smaller the pan, the thicker the brownie.
3. Cook according to the box directions.
4. Let Cool.
5. Frosting: Beat butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla and malt powder until smooth. Add 1 Tbsp. milk if it is too thick.
6. Frost cooled brownies and top with crushed malt balls for decoration and texture.