Halloween is over and we are headed into the BEST time of the year. Literally count down the days until Thanksgiving (21 days) so that I can watch my favorite movie of all time, Miracle on 34th Street. I watch the old and the new version every Thanksgiving after I stuff myself to the brim.
Peanut Butter Caramel Cupcakes
- 1 box White Cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. buttermilk or milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 C. Butter softened
- 1/2 C. smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 1/2 C. powdered sugar
Peanuts and Caramel to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, oil, vanilla extract, milk and sour cream.
4. Add cake mix and stir until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 16-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Frosting: Beat butter and peanut butter. Add milk and vanilla extract and beat again. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with peanut and caramel.
You can also sprinkle with coarse salt for a salted caramel flare!