It’s officially Christmas time! I try to put off all the music and lights and treats and movies until after Thanksgiving. I’ll admit I gave into some eggnog and a few truffles, but yesterday I strapped on my Christmas apron and blasted the jolly tunes of the season.
Love Peppermint Bark? These are for you! The frosting is dipped in melted white chocolate, so it creates a real “bark” treat, so you may want to eat these babies with a fork.[end-story]
Peppermint Bark Cupcakes
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil
- 3/4 C. buttermilk or milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Peppermint White Chocolate Chunk Buttercream:
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese or an extra 1/2 C. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- 1 C. white chocolate melts finely chopped
1 1/2 C. White Chocolate Melts
Candy Canes, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
4. Mix in cake mix until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. add peppermint extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add white chocolate that has been chopped (or put thought a food processor).
7. Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes.
8. Melt white chocolate melts (regular chocolate chips won't work) in the microwave and put in a cup, mug or small bowl that is deep enough to dip your cupcakes.
9. Dip the frosting of each cupcake into the melted chocolate, and turn right side up to set.
10. After you dip a cupcake, sprinkle it with crushed candy canes. Do this quickly because the chocolate will harden.