Wedding Cupcakes

I have been busy the last few weeks making preparations for 300 cupcakes for my friend Whitney’s wedding.  We sat down a few weeks ago and planned flavors, I was given a color scheme, and then I was off!  I baked, decorated and made all of the buttercream the day of the wedding.  It was a very long day, but so much fun!  It was fun to watch other people take photos of my cupcakes, after all, I have been the only one taking any photos of them the last year.

They also rented this beautiful 5-tier cupcake stand. As an added touch, I made framed labels for every cupcake flavor to describe each cake.

Double Chocolate: Chocolate buttermilk cake with a rich chocolate ganache, chocolate buttercream, and a melted chocolate ornament brushed with edible glitter.
I used the cake from my Oreo Crumb Cupcakes, a simple chocolate ganache and the buttercream recipe from my basic Chocolate Cupcakes

Sweet Carrot: Pineapple infused carrot cake with pineapple white chocolate cream cheese buttercream finished with a white chocolate leaf

Blackberry White Chocolate: Vanilla buttermilk cake with white chocolate ganache, blackberry buttercream, blackberry orange sauce, and topped with a fresh berry
(Recipe coming this week!)
Cookies & Cream: Chocolate buttermilk cake with a crushed Oreo buttercream baked on top of an Oreo cookie.
A mix between my original Oreo Cupcake recipe and my new Oreo Crumble Cupcakes.

Blueberry Lemon:  A lemon buttermilk cake filled with Oregon blueberries and topped with a zesty lemon blueberry buttercream and a blueberry
I used my Lemon Blueberry recipe from last week
I also made Chocolate Peppermint cupcakes using my Andes Mint Cupcake recipe.  Sorry for no individual photo of those, but it was so hard to get any photos while people were trying to eat them.

A huge thank you to my mother who helped with the transportation and decorating of the cupcakes, Whitney and Pam for this amazing opportunity, and to my father for cleaning the kitchen.

19 thoughts on “Wedding Cupcakes

The Baker Within says:

Hey Liz, love the cupcakes. How many people were at the wedding? What's the rule of thumb when it comes to knowing how many cupcakes to bake for a certain amount of people?

Splendid Things says:

This is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! Did you get more custom orders from the wedding?

Lizzy Mae says:

The bride was planning for 300 people, so they ordered 300 cupcakes. But they also had cheesecake and eclairs there for dessert. I don't think there were too many left overs at the end of the night.

BecHef says:

Liz, this is the most beautiful arrangement I've ever seen, and the framed descriptions are the perfect added touch! GREAT JOB 🙂

pam craft says:

Lizzy your the best!!! I had one guest tell me that he couldn't leave until he tried one of each type of cupcake! Thanks again!!!

sassaygirl711 says:

phenomenal cupcakes! they take the cake. well done!

Tracy says:

Wow. That is absolutely gorgeous! I love the blackberry cupcakes. So pretty!!

Awesome…you do such a good job. I am impressed!

Jess says:

Oh my gosh, these cupcakes are absolutely gorgeous! What a lucky couple 😉 I would hire you for my wedding in a second!

xiaoxisworld says:

Wow, They are BEAUTIFUL!! I want some of your cupcakes. How long are you going to stay in Portland, Oregon? Some of my friends have summer birthdays. If they are having a party, I will definitely order some of your cupcakes. Does it have to be an event make a order?

The Farmer's Wife says:

Fantastic!!! Is there a good cake supply store in Provo? I am in town for a few days and would love to get some supplies! Thanks!

Lizzy Mae says:

xiaoxisworld- I will be in Portland until late August. Farmer's Wife- In Salt Lake City, I love Gygi's and Standards. They are very close to each other, which makes it an easy trip!

mividaenundulce says:

Oh my God what a cupcakes…!!! plenty of color and flavor. I love it.

Patti says:

Did you have any trouble with the frosting melting or getting too soft at all? What a huge undertaking! Everything looks so beautiful! I just bought a five tier cupcake tower which has holes drilled on the underneath side for cake pop sticks, so you can choose which side to use, or use some of both.

Lizzy Mae says:

Patti- Melting buttercream was my biggest fear, but it really wasn't an issue. The room I piped in was probably the hottest place in the house, but all cupcakes survived! I did bring am emergency stash of powdered sugar to mix in if I needed to make the creams more stiff.

Peggy says:

What beautiful cupcakes! I've never seen such beautiful work. You should be published in a magazine. And your photos are super good!

Bethany says:

These are so gorgeous! They look like late summer and make me want to get married this weekend. Thanks for sharing these lovely things.

Bailey says:

wow those look BEAUTIFUL!!!! i’m sure they were all gone within ten minutes! 🙂

Joanne Hinton says:

wow these look amazing!
    can I ask how you made your blackberry and orange sauce, and could I substitute raspberries for blackberries?