Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake Cookies:
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix spice cake mix and pumpkin pie spice together.
3. Add pumpkin and applesauce and mix until combined
4. Mix in chocolate chips.
5. Spoon golf ball sized dough balls onto parchment paper and bake for 11-14 minutes or until the tops are cooked.
6. Place onto cooling racks, and make sure they are completely cooled before assembling.
7. Filling: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat for 2-3 minutes.
8. Assemble cookie sandwiches by piping filling into the bottom side of half the cookies (or simply use a spoon).
9. Refrigerate cookies until chilled, about 1 hour. This helps the filling not to gush out when you eat them, and plus, they just taste better cold.