Ready for the cutest cupcakes of the summer? These Palm Tree Cupcakes are easy to make and will steal all the attention at your next party! I’m serious, these are a showstopper and I even took them one step further and added a cute “towel” and teddy to the island scene! I started with the fabulous Pillsbury Purely Simple Cake Mix to give me a head start!
Making the pretzel palm trees is actually really easy! It would make for a great cupcake decorating activity. And because step by step photos can only show so much, Pillsbury had me make a video for you all! So you can see every step to making these adorable cupcakes 🙂
A friend sent me a photo of Just a Taste’s Palm Tree Cupcakes and I knew I had to put my own spin on the recipe and add these adorable “towel” and teddies! I mean, look how cute he is out there on his island getting tan…
You can leave the island palm tree and just serve them like that, or you can add a Fruit by the Foot “towel” and a Teddy Graham tanning on the island! Just use a pair of scissors to cut your “towels’ and then use some frosting to secure the towel and the teddy the the cupcake island!
I am a rock, I am an I-i-island (cupcake). That’s how the song goes, right? Right.
In the video I use the canned frosting but you can use any frosting you want, including the new Purely Simple Buttercream Frosting Mix. I can’t tell you how many emails I get about frosting. It can be tricky because powdered sugar is hard to measure unless you weigh it on a scale. One cup could be 1 1/2 cups for someone else just depending if you pack it in or not. But wit this new mix, all you do is add water and butter and your frosting will be perfect every time. And without any added colors, preservatives or artificial flavors.
Palm Tree Cupcakes
- 1 Box Purely Simple Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 C. milk
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- VANILLA FROSTING
- 1 1/2 C. crushed graham crackers
- 12 Pretzel Rods broken in half
- 1 1/2 C. green Melts
- green sprinkles
- Fruit by the Foot 2
- Teddy Grahams 24
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, milk and butter. Beat until smooth.
3. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. Let cool.
5. Palm Trees: (watch video above) Melt chocolate melts, then use a small ziplock back with the corner snipped off to pipe chocolate on the top of the pretzel creating the "palms" and immediately top with sprinkles. Continue to do this with each pretzel rod. (Work on top of parchment paper for an easy clean up.) Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
6. Top cupcakes with vanilla frosting and then roll in crushed graham crackers. Stick in your palm tree and add your Fruit by the Foot "towel" and teddy!