I love blueberry muffins, but they have always scared me. In my head they always just seemed like they would be so intense and difficult to make.
I was sorely misdirected.
When I found this recipe and made them for the first time, I was in awe. I made them in soufflé cups and they looked like they wanted to explode out of them. The colors were just so beautiful I couldn’t help but to have a photo shoot in the backyard.
Beautiful Blueberry Muffins
½ cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 egg, well beaten
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1 cup fresh or ¾ cup frozen blueberries
½ tsp flour for blueberries
¼ cup sugar or brown sugar (I used white)
1 Tbsp butter softened
½ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix egg, milk and oil (using a fork works well).
4. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
5. Mix blueberries with ½ tsp flour and then gently fold into the batter.
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
7. Prepare streusel: mix dry ingredients and then cut butter into mixture until it turns into crumbs.
8. Sprinkle over muffins.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops spring back.