First of all, a gigantic thank you to Jordan Barendse who created my logo. He is a miracle worker. The site may change a little bit over the next few weeks until I get the colors and styles that I want. If you have any advice, feel free to let me know!
You may think I am obsessed with Devil’s Food Cake Mix, and that may be true… But I have been trying out the idea of a hot chocolate cupcake and this one was just so simple and has worked the best. The topping is very light because it is mostly whipped cream and the spice the cinnamon gives it is a little kick for your taste buds.
Cinnamon Chocolate Cake:“> Cinnamon Chocolate Cake:
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Eggs (amount specified on cake mix box)
Oil (amount specified on cake mix box)
Milk (amount specified for WATER on cake mix box)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup butter
2-3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk and vanilla.
3. Add cinnamon and cake mix (you can sift the cake mix in to make for easier blending.) Stir well.
4. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
5. Place immediately into airtight containers to seal moisture.
6. Whipped Cream Topping: Whip heavy cream, then remove from bowl. Beat butter for 5 minutes, then add whipped cream.
7. Add cinnamon, vanilla and powdered sugar slowly. If it clumps, be patient and keep beating. Add as much sugar until you get the taste you want.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with cinnamon.