Just in case you don’t have a fire pit in your backyard, and you are bored of using the microwave, here is a new approach to the classic summer treat.
1 ¾ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup boiling water
Graham cracker crumbs (fine crumbs)
Marshmallow Cream Centers:
4 oz cream cheese
½ cup marshmallow cream
1 ½-2 cups powdered sugar
Graham Cracker Buttercream:
8 oz cream cheese
½ cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (fine crumbs)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 tablespoons whipping cream or milk
mini marshmallows and chocolate for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees and line cupcake pans with liners (24).
2. Mix sugar, brown sugar and oil for 3 minutes until smooth.
3. Add sour cream and vanilla extract stir well.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix only until incorporated.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Add dry ingredients and boiling water to sugar mixture alternating between the two.
7. Spoon ¾ teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Shake pan to spread evenly.
8. Fill liners ¾ full and bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Mashmallow Cream Centers: Beat cream cheese, marshmallow cream and powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar to taste. (This mixture should not be thick like a buttercream, because it will be in the center of your cupcake.)
10.When cupcakes are cooled, cut out a small area from the top of the cake and pipe marshmallow cream into each cupcake.
11. Graham Cracker Buttercream: Beat cream cheese and butter until light and creamy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and graham cracker crumbs. At this point, the buttercream will look like cookie dough. Add heavy cream a little bit at a time until buttercream consistency is reached.
12. Pipe onto cooled, marshmallow filled cupcakes and top with mini marshmallows and melted chocolate.