Heath Bar Puppy Chow

Heath Bar Puppy Chow

A post on a Friday? I know, your world has been turned upside down.  But I decided most people were a tad  busy yesterday, so I waited to share another recipe.

Puppy Chow.

Some people call them Muddy Buddies, some people get mad at me and tell me I’m killing dogs by calling it “puppy” chow… well whatever your opinion, it is crazy popular stuff.  And I have to admit, I love making it because it’s SO EASY.  In 6 minutes you can be done, start to finish.  No waiting for the oven to preheat, or waiting for the timer to buzz–none of that! Just melt, mix, shake and pour.

My Peanut Butter Brownie Puppy Chow recipe gets a ton of traffic and rave reviews. So I thought…throw in some pieces of toffee and it’s even better!

[end-story]

Heath Bar Puppy Chow

6 C. rice Chex cereal
1 C. milk chocolate melts or chips
1/2 C. peanut butter, creamy
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 package Heath Baking Bits
1/2 C. brownie mix, from the box
Extra Heath Bars chopped up for more decoration, optional

1. Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
3. Pour over cereal and fold until covered.
4. Dump into a large plastic bag and add Heath Baking Bits and brownie mix, seal and shake until coated. (If you don't have a large plastic bag, pour brownie mix over cereal and stir well. Or you can use a pot with a lid to shake it in.) NOTE: The baking bits also have chocolate in them which will start to melt when it hits the warm puppy chow, just keep shaking and maybe add a little more brownie mix to coat it all.
5. Dump onto a cookie sheet and toss with chunks of Heath Bars. Don't taste test it... unless you're okay with eating the entire batch right there by yourself 🙂 Because once you start, you won't stop.

using Heath Bits in baking

making muddy buddies

making puppy chow

Heath Bar Muddy Buddies

23 thoughts on “Heath Bar Puppy Chow

Laura says:

Heath bars are by far my favorite candy, so this looks absolutely delicious!

Liz Carter says:

This looks like a great treat to make and bring to work to share, especially since I don’t bake that much! Thank you so much for sharing!!!! LOL you could always put a disclaimer on the name…. “no puppies were harmed in the making of this chow” 🙂 Have a great weekend.

Stephanie says:

I love Heath bars, I bet this is so delicious!

d says:

Just made this. Yummy!! Loved that I didn’t have to turn on the oven. Thanks for posting:)

Brooke says:

When is the next photography lesson?

kresta says:

my hubby said ” uh yes please” once I read the name off the post! yummm

Vicki says:

I made both the Fruity Fourth Cupcakes and the Puppy Chow for our 4th of July weekend guests. Both were huge hits, but I could have made three batches of Puppy Chow!

Lauren says:

Ha! I glanced at the tags towards the bottom of the post and read “Health” not “Heath”.. My first reaction: “There is hardly anything healthy about these.” And now, I will make them and eat all of them come Health or Heath.

Jody says:

This would be amazing sprinkled over vanilla ice cream!!

Jackie Gibson says:

Hi, Lizzy:
    Do you know of any recipes that have Hershey’s chocolate syrup as an ingredient? I need to use up the bottle that I have,
    since it expired in August, 2013. Thanks, in advance, for your help in this matter.
    Jackie

nina says:

yum i once made it at summer camp but made it diffrint cuse i cant eat eggs or pb

This is a very good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Short but very precise information… Appreciate your sharing this one.
    A must read article!

Do you have any video of that? I’d love to find out some additional information.

If you are going for best contents like myself, only go to
    see this web page daily since it presents feature contents, thanks

Pretty part of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to claim that I get actually loved account your blog posts.
    Any way I will be subscribing in your feeds and even I fulfillment you get admission to constantly fast.

Everything is very open with a precise explanation of the issues.

It was definitely informative. Your website is very useful.
    Many thanks for sharing!