I kissed him.
Things had been in limbo for too long. He flirts with me, I flirt with him, he sends me texts saying why it would never work out, I know he’s looking for Mrs. Perfect but I can’t help but give it a shot… and back and forth the dating game goes.
So I just kissed him.
I told him I wanted to talk, he walked outside and I laid one on him. This way, it’s a clean break or a clean start–whatever he wants. I pulled away and all he could do was give me a goofy smile. The boy who always has something to say, the boy who is the life of every party, the boy who won’t let you get through a sentence without interrupting was absolutely speechless.
And that was the cherry on top.
Almond Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes
Almond Cherry Cupcakes:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 3/4 C. milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 C. Maraschino cherries roughly chopped
- 1 C. butter softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- milk if needed
20-24 Maraschino cherries with stems for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcakes liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and almond extract until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix.
5. Fold in chopped maraschino cherries.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes.
7. Almond Buttercream: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Add almond extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add a little milk.
8. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles and more Maraschino cherries. Now go kiss your man and feed him a cupcake!