I can’t watch movies in the theatre any more.
Netflix, Hulu, Red Box and my roommate’s movie stash has completely spoiled me.
In a movie theatre, there are rules. But when I watch a movie, I reserve the right to fast forward through any scary or confrontational parts. I watch it while it sets up the scene, introduces the characters, and maybe I’ll even watch until I can guess what’s going to go wrong. But as soon as someone starts crying or someone is mean I just skip ahead to when everything is getting better and everyone loves each other again.
A 2 1/2 hour movie turns into a 45 minute show but then I have more free time to bake, right?
Chocolate Bacon Bundt Cake
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C. oil
- 1 C. sour cream
- 3/4 C. buttermilk or milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
6-8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your Bundt pan well.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps and add instant pudding mix to it.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, sour cream, buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Stir in cake mix and instant pudding mix until smooth.
5. Add chocolate chips and stir again.
6. Dump into prepared pan and spread out evenly.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
8. Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, butter and 2 Tbsp. milk. Add more milk if needed to reach a pourable consistency.
9. Pour glaze over cooled cake and spindle bacon on top. Go heavy on the bacon, your man will appreciate it.