Pumpkin cupcakes paired with delicious eggnog frosting is the perfect treat this holiday season! Pumpkin Eggnog Cupcakes! These combine two of my favorite flavors. It’s completely dangerous for me to have eggnog in the house, especially when I buy it only for me and I can drink it straight from the carton with no shame.
Eggnog in the fridge was a rare thing when I was growing up. We got is every season, but it only lasted one evening in our house. We would all sneak swigs here and there and fill our glasses to the brim. It was do good I knew it had to be terrible for me, but that didn’t stop me then. And it doesn’t stop me now.
Pumpkin Eggnog Cupcakes
- 1 Box yellow cake mix or spice cake mix and leave out spices
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice or just cinnamon
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil
- 1/3 C. eggnog
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese or an additional 1/2 C. soft butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp. eggnog
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Cake: In a large bowl. combine cake mix (I sifted mine to remove any lumps), pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, eggnog an vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
3. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
4. Let cool.
5. Eggnog Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and beat again. Add in enough powdered sugar to make frosting stiff. (I always add 1/2 cup at a time.) Add eggnog 1 Tbsp as a time until you reach your desired consistency.
6. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles!
Can I tell you how hard it was for me to take these shots and not sneak sips of the eggnog? I was so hard!
Love eggnog? Try my Eggnog Cookies!