Valentine’s Day is full of cute cupcakes and cookies, but what about a simple and delicious treat that’s beautiful, but not so high maintenance… This Red Velvet Sour Cream Bundt cake is just for you! Not that there’s anything wrong with Oreo Red Velvet Cupcakes or fun cookies, but Bundt cakes are just SO easy and you can even fill up the little “hole” with fruit to make it look really gorgeous.
I’ll forgo telling a story today. My father thinks my spree of dating stories in the theme of Valentine’s Day sounds “desperate”… which I’m not! I just think being single is a funny time of life full of hilarious situations!
Red Velvet Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- Red Velvet Sour Cream Cake:
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 pkg. vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C. oil
- 1 C. Tillamook sour cream
- 1/2 C. milk or buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract optional
- 1/3 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar more if needed
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
- 1 2/3 C. powdered sugar more if needed
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease Bundt pan.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl.
3. Add pudding mix, egg, oil, sour cream, milk and vanilla and stir until smooth.
4. Pout into Bundt pan, spread out evenly and bake for 45-55 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Make each glaze in a separate bowl using a whisk to combine ingredients. Use more or less milk or powdered sugar to make thicker or thinner. Pour over cooled Bundt cake (I put each glaze in a plastic bag, snipped off the corner and drizzled it on).
6. Share the love!
You don’t have to do both glazes, I just wanted to do something a little different…
This Northwest girl always uses Tillamook stuff, it’s an addiction.