I am a hopeless romantic.
They say the first step to recovery is admitting the problem, so there you go.
I love waking up and eating cereal under the covers.
The sound of rain on the windowsill makes me all gooey inside because I think about couples running out the door hand in hand to kiss under the thunderclouds.
I could watch sappy chick flicks all day long with a box of Kleenex and a cozy blanket.
Playing matchmaker is my new favorite hobby.
I save all the cute little notes and trinkets boys give me.
And I love helping my friends plan their weddings, bridal showers, receptions and I always cry watching their first dance as husband and wife.
Even though I’m allergic to these cupcakes (red dye problems) they are still the romance cupcake.
Strawberry Red Velvet Cupcakes
Strawberry Red Velvet Cake:
- 1 box red velvet cake
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. melted butter cooled
- 1/2 C. strawberries pureed in the blender
- 1/4 C. milk
- 2/3 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 1/2 C. powered sugar
Extra strawberries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, strawberry puree, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Add cake mix and stir.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 16-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and 3 cups powdered sugar. Beat well. Slowly add in more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with strawberries.
Check out me and these cupcakes on Striving Onward!
Leave a comment