Banana Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Buttercream

Banana Cakes:
3 ripe bananas (1 ½ cups)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 ¼ cup sugar
¾ cup tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups four
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups butter milk
(I use 1 ½ cup milk and 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice)
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Buttercream:
½ cup butter
8 oz cream cheese
2-3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.    In a small bowl, mash bananas and stir in lemon juice.  Set aside.
3.    In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
4.    Add eggs to sugar and butter, then add vanilla.
5.    In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together.  Slowly add to wet ingredients.
6.   Stir in buttermilk and mashed bananas.
7.    Spoon into cupcakes liners and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8.   Place cupcakes straight into the freezer for 15 minutes.  (Sounds crazy I know.)
9.   Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.  It will take at least 4 minutes.  Add vanilla and cinnamon.  Slowly add as much powdered sugar as desired, then beat for a few additional minutes.
10.Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.

10 thoughts on “Banana Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Buttercream

~Judy~ says:

YUMMMM…….

Katrina says:

These look amazing! I wish I were eating one right now! I just started blogging last month and am having fun. :) Are you a part of foodbuzz.com? I think you take great pictures and would do really well there.

Lizzy Mae says:

I have no idea what that is all about. I'll have to check it out…

Katrina says:

Welcome! You are really going to love it there. Find Chef Dennis and friend him. He has a lot of info on his blog about how foodbuzz works.

christine says:

Now THIS is what I'm talkin' about :) I'm slightly obsessed with bananas in baked goods at the moment.

You have a lovely blog, also. Can't wait to see more!

http://videos.corymonteith.net/members/mariontakemw ?? said Paul Dales says:

Very nice service you offers for me. Thanks. Burberry Check Print Wallets Black With Zips has become one of my favorites

Lakshmi says:

How many cupcakes does this recipe make?

Lauren says:

The recipe calls for “3/4 cup tablespoons butter” so I am unsure if I am to use cups or tablespoons. Please clarify :)