Once upon a time I made what I called an Almond Joy Cupcake. I won’t even link to it because the photos are so pathetic. But here is a true Almond Joy Cupcake. It has the coconut filling with pieces of shredded coconut and it’s dipped in melted chocolate. So this cupcake has a tough shell because of the chocolate, but it’s wonderful because you can eat it like a sandwich, the frosting won’t get all over your fingers! [end-story]
Almond Joy Cupcakes
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 small pkg. chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
2 cups chocolate Melts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a bowl and set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, gently whisk eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract together.
4. Add cake mix and pudding mix, stir until combined.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Topping: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add shredded coconut and vanilla, mix again. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Pipe your topping onto cooled cupcakes.
8. Use a knife to smooth out the topping.
9. Place chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl and melt and stir until smooth.
10. Dip cupcakes into chocolate and then sprinkle almonds on top. Do it quickly before the chocolate cools.