I made this incredible Banana Blueberry Bundt Cake last summer, so I knew I just had to try making a cupcake version! I don’t know what it is about baked blueberries but they just make everything better. Plus, you can’t really ever go wrong with a cupcake topped with cream cheese frosting 🙂 So… we have bananas and blueberries, this is heathy, right?
I like using the plain white liners when I bake with blueberries because it’s so fun to see the purple bleed into it… Mmm, it makes it hard to keep my hands to myself when I take the photos. I just want to eat them!! I popped a few blueberries a I shot, but who can blame me for that? 🙂
Banana Blueberry Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 bananas mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 2/3 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 C. fresh or frozen blueberries
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 C. butter room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 4-5 C. powdered sugar
Extra blueberries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcakes liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl.
3. Add bananas, eggs, oil, sour cream and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla extract, milk and 2 C. powdered sugar and beat again. Slowly add in more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
8. Pipe onto cool cupcakes and top with fresh berries!