“We would have the cutest children.”
That was my opening line.
His name was Matt and he was a complete heartthrob. Tall, bright blue eyes, curly brown hair and a voice that made everything around you disappear. Even though I knew he must have a million girls back home, when he talked it didn’t seem to matter anymore. Those little dimples came out as he smiled at me and when he started to sing on that stage, I knew I didn’t stand a chance.
I know the saying goes that opposites attract, but similarities attract too.
Get it? Bananas and Blueberries are opposites but he has brown, curly hair and blue eyes and so do I…? Yeah, it’s a little bit of a stretch but I tried.
*Disclaimer: This was YEARS ago and the situation merited a ridiculous opening statement. So I’m not totally crazy. [end-story]
Banana Blueberry Bundt
Banana Blueberry Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 bananas ripe
- 1/2 C. oil
- 1/2 C. buttermilk or milk
- 3/4 C. plain yogurt or sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C. blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your Bundt pan.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, place your bananas and mash well with a fork.
4. Add oil, buttermilk, yogurt, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
5. Add cake mix and stir.
6. Gently fold in blueberries.
7. Pour into Bundt pan, spread out evenly and bake for 30-40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
8. Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, butter and 2 Tbsp. milk and whisk until smooth. Add more milk if needed to get to a pourable consistency.
9. Pour glaze over cooled cake and serve with fresh blueberries.
All dressed up and ready to go…into my stomach.