Alright, just one more sneak peak from my new cookbook coming out this week “Make it with a Cake mix” because my Cookie Dough Cake I shared a few days ago seemed to get people really excited about the book! This is a blueberry cinnamon cake with a maple glaze and bacon crumbles. Just serve it with some orange juice and you’ll have everything people love about breakfast in a Bundt cake! If the bacon is making you nervous, just make a simple lemon glaze and pour that over instead! Mix and match until you find what you love most!
Breakfast Bundt Cake
Cinnamon Blueberry Buttermilk Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C. butter melted
- ¾ C. buttermilk or milk
- 1 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 small pkg. vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 ½ C. blueberries
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 tsp. mapleline or maple flavoring
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
5 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease Bundt pan.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Add cake mix, cinnamon and instant pudding mix and stir until combined.
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Dump into Bundt pan and spread out evenly.
7. Bake for 38-50 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan, then turn out.
9. Glaze: Whisk powdered sugar, butter, maple flavoring and 2 Tbsp. milk together until smooth. If too thick to pour, add more milk.
10. Pour glaze over cooled cake and top with bacon crumbles.