Rich, decadent and easy Chocolate Banana Brownie Batter Cupcakes that are perfect for any chocolate lover. These really are a chocolate overload that is a dream come true. And the banana hiding in the chocolate cake makes it all a perfect balance of flavors.
I get asked about my cupcake liners all the time! People email, comment, message “How do you get your cupcake liners to keep their color after baking?” Well it’s really simple, you need to look for “greaseproof” liners. They will say it on the packaging and this means the grease that comes out of the cupcakes from the oil/butter won’t ruin the colors! It’s true, liners lined with foil also will keep their color but sometimes foil liners can pull away from the cake and create a problem. I get liners from Sweets & Treats and The Baker’s Kitchen in bulk. But you can always just hop onto amazon and find them there!
Topping cupcakes with something always takes them to the next level. I hardly ever leave cupcakes “blank” with no sprinkles or toppings and when I do I feel really awkward about it. Though my Lemon White Chocolate Cupcakes were stunning but quite simple. Be creative when topping your cupcakes, I mixed up a few different colors of sprinkles to top these Chocolate Banana Brownie Batter Cupcakes and I think the combo was just the pop they needed to lighten up all the chocolate.
Well that’s all folks! I’ve got a lot of recipes in the making this week to inspire your spring/summer baking! My kitchen will smell like lemons and I will be happily drowning in fresh berries! As always, thank you for the love and support of sharing, pinning and commenting!
Chocolate Banana Brownie Batter Cupcakes
Chocolate Banana Cupcakes:
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil or melted butter
- 3/4 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Brownie Batter Frosting:
- 1 C. butter softened
- 1/2 C. dry brownie mix from a box*
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- 2-3 C. powdered sugar
- Sprinkles for deocoration
- *If you don't want to use brownie mix use a combination of unsweetened cocoa powder, brown sugar and flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove any lumps and add mashed bananas, eggs, oil, sour cream and vanilla extra. Stir until smooth.
3. Full cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
4. Let cool.
5. Brownie Batter Frosting: Beat butter for 2 minutes until smooth. Add brownie mix and beat again for 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract, 1 Tbsp. milk and 1 cup powdered sugar. Continue to add more sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add more milk if it becomes too thick and add 1-2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder if you want a richer chocolate flavor.
6. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles for color!