Red Velvet Cupcakes topped with Coconut Cream and rolled in shredded coconut. Love everything red velvet? Make sure to check out my Red Velvet Cake Batter Cupcakes which were so adorable I could hardly stand it, my Double Red Velvet Cupcakes for the people who are obsessed, or my Oreo Red Velvet Cupcakes– Oreo and Red velvet…talk about a match made in heaven/the kitchen!
It’s sort of a tragedy, there’s no such thing as a blind date anymore.
If you get set up on a date, by the time he gets to your door you’ve probably stalked him on facebook, instagram and twitter. And from that you can usually figure out where he went to school, how old he is, what his ex girlfriends look like, who his friends are, what he had for breakfast (thanks to instagram and everyone’s love of posting everything they eat) and a million other stupid facts.
And he knows the same about you.
Coconut Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red Velvet Cupcakes:
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil
- 3/4 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 C. milk or buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
Shredded coconut, sweetened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, sour cream, milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Coconut Cream: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add coconut extract and vanilla extract and beat again. Slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach our desired consistency.
8. Frosting cupcakes, then roll in a bowl of shredded coconut. You can lightly toast the coconut in a pan for added texture and color.