Pineapple Dream Cupcakes with easy to make pineapple cake topped with whipped cream frosting that will shock you it’s so simple! This entire recipe is eazy peezy thanks to 2-ingredient frosting and a can of crushed pineapple! I teamed up with The Mom It Forward Blogger Network and Cans get you Cooking to bring you this recipe and it will be your favorite treat to make all summer!
This frosting is soooo fluffy! And the cake I just had to make for a friend! She was telling me how she made pineapple cake the other day and had to use a certain mix because it was the only pineapple cake mix at the store. “WHAT?” I said. And then I explained to her that buying yellow cake mix and then adding a can of crushed pineapple was the best way to make pineapple cake. You get way more flavor, moisture and canned fruit is magical in cakes!
If you want to mix up the recipe you can use any canned fruit! If you choose something like canned peaches that comes in big slices you can simple puree the fruit in the blender and then pour it into the batter! Canned fruit it awesome for baking and canned veggies for cooking because there’s no prep, just open the can and pour. No washing, peeling, or worrying about if it’s ripe or not! Canned fruit is picked at the peak of ripeness 🙂 And you don’t lose any nutrition by using canned fruit or vegetables! My favorite soup uses a bunch of canned veggies and I make it all the time because it only takes 10 minutes from start to finish.
So head to the store and stock up on a few cans of pineapple and other fun goodies because you’ll want them in your pantry when you crave this cake tomorrow…or later tonight!
Here’s my little photo setup for those of you who wonder how I take my pics in my little spare bedroom. No big fancy lights or assistant… just me!
Pineapple Dream Cupcakes
- EASY PINEAPPLE CAKE:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil
- 1/2 C. sour cream optional but awesome
- WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING:
- 2 C. heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon instant pudding mix vanilla or white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Combine cake mix, crushed pineapple (with juice), eggs, oil and sour cream. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
3. Let cool.
4. Whipped Cream Frosting: Beat whipping cream and instant pudding mix until stiff peaks form. The pudding mix stabilizes the cream so it doesn't melt!
5. Top with fresh fruit!