If you’re ever feeling a little lonely, walk around with a box full of cupcakes. I promise everyone will want to be your friend. Will they stick around once the cupcakes are gone? Well, that’s up to you.
Pumpkin Maple Cupcakes
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C. oil or applesauce
- 1/3 C. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Topping:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Mapleine or any maple flavoring
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, pumpkin puree, oil, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in cake mix and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
5. Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minute or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Topping: Beat cream cheese and butter for 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and Mapleine. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and add more if you want a stronger kick.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles.