A few weeks ago I made this amazing Raspberry Key Lime Pie and it was beautiful and delicious. It was a Costco makeover and I was obsessed. I ate almost half the pie myself…over a period of a week, so it wasn’t too awful. But still, it was just so good and all I wanted was to eat more pie. So I made a cupcake with the same flavor combo to fill my craving.
Raspberry Lime Cupcakes
Raspberry Lime Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/3 C. oil
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C. buttermilk or milk
- zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 C. lime juice
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
Lime Whipped Cream:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1 pint 2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tsp. lime flavored gelatin jello powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine oil, egg whites, eggs, buttermilk, zest, lime juice and sour cream until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix.
5. Fold in raspberries.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife come out clean.
7. Let cool.
8. Lime Whipped Cream: In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Scrape down bowl as needed. Stream in heavy whipping cream and beat. Add gelatin until you reach your desired flavor/color. Beat until stiff peaks form. (Make sure your bowl was not hot from just washing, or your whipped cream will never stiffen.)
9. Keep whipped cream in fridge until ready to use. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and decorate with lime or raspberries.