These are the prefect excuse to eat more brownies because they have vegetables in them! Fudgy 4 Ingredient Zucchini Brownies transforms a brownie mix into a decadent dessert.
Is your mouth watering yet? I’m wanting to run to the kitchen to whip up another batch as I write up this post! These brownies were so quick and easy to make and everyone from my new husband, friends and their kiddos loved these brownies! Even though I snuck some veggies into them…
Brownie Mix Magic
Starting with a box mix makes baking so much easier. Plus, there is less clean-up at the end and you know I love that. So if you’re in a pinch a need a rich, chocolate dessert turn to these brownies to rescue you! They’re packed with chocolate and zucchini so you can’t go wrong. The zucchini sort of melts into the brownies and you don’t even know it’s there! But it keeps these brownies full of moisture and I actually prefer the texture to regular brownies.
Don’t Underestimate the Power of Sprinkles
Sprinkles go a long way! It turns some regular looking brownies into the life of the party! Because let’s be serious, these will beat out any brownie at a potluck and it has to do with those cute sprinkles on top. When people are just passing by the dessert table, all they have to go off of is what their eyes tell them, and these sprinkles scream “Pick me! Pick me!”
Hide your Veggies in Dessert
We’re all trying to eat more veggies. I’ve been eating spinach smoothies with banana and peaches for weeks now because I was told it will help my skin be glowing for my wedding day! Desserts are a great way to sneak in some greens! You’ll see a few specks of the green skin on the zucchini, so if you’re trying to hide the zucchini even more from your family, you can puree it! That way they can’t even find a shred of it in there after it’s baked! It won’t effect how it bakes or tastes but it will blend in evenly better to the batter. The fudgy frosting is totally optional but awesome! This can even pass as a cake because it’s so good! Pop some candles on it and you’ve got a birthday cake for the books!
4 ingredient Zucchini Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1/4 C. butter melted (oil works fine too)
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. grated zucchini
- QUICK CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1/2 C. butter room temperature
- 1/4 C. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp.vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1-2 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease (I always line mine with parchment paper) a 8 or 9 inch square pan.
2. Combine brownie mix, butter, eggs and zucchini. Stir until smooth.
3. Pour into pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out somewhat clean. You make want them to still be a little fudgey.
4. Let cool.
5. Optional Frosting: Beat butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, milk and 1 cup powdered sugar together until smooth. Continue to add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Frost cooled brownies and top with sprinkles.