My best friend is a fitness guru. Maybe we’ve stayed friends for 10 years because she has never been able to blame me for gaining a pound. She doesn’t like cupcakes. I know, right? She never eats my treats and always tries to get me to go on a run with her. Polar opposites but it works. (She also commonly does my dishes…she is the BESTest friend 🙂 )
This is Bekah’s easy chili! She makes it when she’s expecting a crowd of hungry people and says that everyone always asks for the recipe! And yes, when she sent the recipe to me she gave it this title, I know it was a joke but I thought I’d keep it for giggles. [end-story]
Have fun with seasoning!
Before I added the cheese…
baby it’s "chili" outside
- 1 lb. ground beef chicken, or pork (can be omitted as vegetarian option)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 1-15 oz. can of beans rinsed and drained (kidney, black, whatever you like...)
- 1-10 oz. canned corn drained
- 2-16 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 3/4 C. salsa
- 1/4 C. ketchup
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1-2 C. water
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- corn bread
- tortilla chips
1. Place a large soup pot over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
2. When pot is hot, add ground beef, chopped onion and garlic. Stir until cooked.
3. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa and ketchup and stir well.
4. Add seasonings (you can simply add a packet of chili seasoning, or you can add what it on the ingredient list). Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder oregano and water. Taste and add more seasonings as needed. (Less water for a thicker chili.)
5. Let heat until hot and serve with whatever "mix-in's" you want!
My little photo set up by the window