Looking for a fast way to crush your candy canes? Don’t have a food processor? Use the blender! But I warn you…make sure the “On” switch isn’t flipped when your candies are in, the lid is off and you plug the blender in. It makes for a pepperminty explosion in the kitchen.
Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1 C. milk chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/3 C. crushed candy canes
1. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
2. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, careful to not burn them!
3. Add chocolate and peppermint extract to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth and well combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
5. Use a food scoop to measure out chocolate, roll it in between your hands into a smooth ball, then roll in a bowl of crushed candy canes.
6. How easy was that?!
Roll your truffles in crushed candy canes the day you plan to serve them. The candy canes slowly absorb the moisture from the chocolate and can become sticky.
Process photos from my White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles