A box of chocolates just screams the holiday season to me. I never did the–take a bite and put it back–thing, probably because my bite was as big as the chocolate. But I would always go for the truffles first. I don’t know what I found so intriguing about the soft and silky centers, but they were (and still are) my favorite.
These little treats are perhaps the best holiday treats I’ve made.
White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 C. white chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/3 C. crushed candy canes
1. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
2. Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave, careful to not burn them!
3. Add white chocolate and peppermint extract to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth and well combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
5. Use a food scoop to measure out chocolate, roll it in between your hands into a smooth ball, then roll in a bowl of crushed candy canes.
6. Place in mini cupcake liners for a perfect presentation!
Roll in candy canes the day you plan to serve them. Or else the candy layer will get sticky from absorbing the moisture in the chocolate.