It’s no secret that I love blueberries. I grew up in a house surrounded by blueberry bushes and eating them until my fingers turned purple. Camping all summer long meant mornings waking up to Grandpa’s famous blueberry pancakes on the griddle. And Blueberry muffins hot from the oven is the only summer snack I ever need.
These Cinnamon Blueberry Cupcakes are soft and delicious and topped with delicious cream cheese frosting. Because let’s face it, cream cheese frosting is incredible on just about anything.
We me luck, I’m catering a wedding this weekend for two of my favorite people! 400 desserts, one oven, and one me–Let’s do this!
Cinnamon Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg optional
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 C. buttermilk or milk
- 1 1/2 C. blueberries fresh or frozen
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 C. butter room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 C. powered sugar
Fresh blueberries and spindles for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg together and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil. sour cream and buttermilk until smooth.
4. Add cake mix/cinnamon/nutmeg and stir together.
5. Gently fold in blueberries.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Let cool.
8. Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add 1 Tablespoon milk!
9. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with fresh blueberries and sprinkles!
More blueberry recipes: