I am not one of those people that sits around and eats peanut butter with a spoon. Now, if it’s Nutella we’re talking about…then I can recall many Friday nights when it was just me and a jar of that chocolately goodness. But I never really acquired the peanut butter taste because my brother is allergic. That plus the Barney episode where everyone’s mouths are glued shut by peanut butter really scared me away from the stuff. But oh my, these cookies are just fabulous. They don’t overwhelm me with the peanut taste and it’s balanced out by rich chocolate chips. And it doesn’t hurt that they look beautiful as well.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with parchment paper if available. (If not, an ungreased cookies sheet will do just fine.)
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar together until creamy. About 3 minutes. Scrape down bowl as needed.
3. On low, beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Add vanilla, honey and water and mix only until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
6. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix only until combined.
7. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. Place dough balls the size of golf balls onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-11 minutes.
9. Let cool on cooling racks and enjoy with a big glass of cold milk.