Don’t these just look like summer? Pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting–so simple but so delicious. Dress them up with a slice of pineapple and maraschino cherries! Okay, okay you might recognize these from last year’s Pineapple Cupcakes, but they were so popular on the blog I wanted to include them in my new book but I wanted to revamp the recipe a little and take better photos. So this is out of my new cookbook Make it with a Cake Mix, enjoy!
I like to think that I’m one of those girls that can just hang out on the beach with some fancy (non-alcoholic) drink in her hand for hours.
But every time I try, I only last 5 minutes.
I burn way too fast. I feel like an idiot next to all the girls in their itsy-bitsy bikinis. And I just get bored.
Pineapple Cream Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 C. melted butter cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 C. crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
Maraschino Cherries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine butter, eggs, pineapple and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minute or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes until smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add milk or cream.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with a cherrie and sprinkles to dress them up.
9. Bust out a lawn chair and pretend you're on Spring Break.