I went to a K-8 school when I was growing up and when I was in kindergarten, we would go home early everyday. So me and the other 12 kindergarteners would take a short school bus home. And every Tuesday, our jolly bus driver would give us each a PayDay as we got off at our stop.
Salted Caramel PayDay Cupcakes
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- Peanuts to decorate I used salted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Gently combine oil. eggs, egg whites, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
3. Sift in cake mix and stir until combined,
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Caramel Frosting: Melt butter in a small saucepan, add brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract and let cool. Beat in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. (If you want, save a little caramel to drizzle over the top of your cupcakes.)
6. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with peanuts and caramel.