Today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day! Didn’t know? Neither did I until a reader asked me what I was making for the day…whoopsy!
Now, most people make their Chocolate Hazelnut desserts with Nutella, and I have! But for this one I wanted to use some hazelnut creamer instead…
Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes
- 1 bod Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 small pkg. chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 C. oil
- 1 C. buttermilk or milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Chocolate Hazelnut Buttercream:
- 1 C. butter softened
- 2/3 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 C. hazelnut coffee creamer powder Coffee-Mate
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2-3 C. powdered sugar
Crushed hazelnuts for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix and pudding mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine all other Cake ingredients.
4. Add cake mix and pudding mix and stir until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 16-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Buttercream: Beat butter. Add cocoa powder, creamer powder, vanilla extract and milk and beat again. Slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add more milk or hazelnut creamer if needed.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with hazelnuts.