“She likes Peanut Butter M&M’s.”
Well the peanut butter ones are HUGE, so I didn’t want to throw those into the batter. But a cupcake sprinkled with mini M&M’s with a peanut butter frosting gives the same effect. These were just adorable too! So bright and perfect for any kids party or birthday. [end-story]
M&M Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 1 C. milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. mini M&M's
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 C. smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
Extra M&M's to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
5. Fold in M&M's. Don't overmix because the coloring from the candies will dye the cake.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Peanut Butter Frosting: Beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar. The frosting will become chunky. With the mixer on low add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until the frosting becomes "fluffy" and smooth. Add more powdered sugar if needed or more milk.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes an top with extra candies.