4 Ingredient Christmas Cookies

4 Ingredient Christmas Cookie

Christmas cookies that are delicious and beautiful and only take 4 ingredients to make! Yes, Christmas cookies really can be that easy! It’s like a chocolate brownie cookie and the simple topper of the Hershey Kiss just makes it so cute! Now, I used the Candy Cane kind but you can use regular, mint, or whatever kind you prefer.

4 Ingredient Christmas Cookies

The longer you bake these, the more “cakey” they’ll be, I prefer mine to be fudgey so I undercook them.  Remember, cookies (and anything) will continue to cook while it’s out of the oven so be careful on your cooking times!

4 ingredient cookies

That’s right, 4 Ingredient Christmas Cookies! Oil, eggs, cake mix and Hershey Kisses! This is a perfect treat for a last minute cookie swap or gift.

How to get cookies the same size

Food Scoops are the best! My life really did change when I got my first one years ago.  Not only does a food scoop give you the same size cookies, cupcakes and muffins but it saves so much time!  And for cookies, it scoops out perfectly round dough balls! It’s a great stocking stuffer gift for the baker in your family!  I like the blue or yellow for cupcakes and the black for cookies, but these cookies need to be quite small so I used my purple scoop which also works for mini cupcakes!

The easiest chocolate cookies

Into the oven they go!

Candy Cane Kiss Cookies

Press a Kiss on top and you’re set!  Wasn’t that easy?

4 Ingredient Christmas Cookies

4 Ingredient Christmas Cookies

1 box devil's food cake mix (I prefer Pillsbury)
1/3 C. oil
30-40 Hershey Kisses (I used the Candy Cane ones but the mint would be great too!)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookies sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs and oil until smooth.
3. Scoop small dough balls a little smaller than a Tablespoon onto cookies sheets and bake for 5-7 minutes. (Cake mix cookies will bake up tall and not spread too much so if you want a flatter cookie, pat the dough balls down a little before baking.)
4. Let cool for 2 minutes and then gently press an unwrapped Hershey Kiss into each cookie.

Make sure you didn’t miss my Andes Mint Dessert Round-up post! Minty recipes for all!

35+ Andes Mint Recipes to help curb that minty craving!

23 thoughts on “4 Ingredient Christmas Cookies

Typo Elf says:

Just trying to be helpful — not to criticize. You have a couple typos in the cake mic cookie write-up 4-ingredient cookies. “Not only does it (the scoop) give YU the same size cookies…” and “it’s a GREY stocking stuffer”. I do like some of your ideas, so just trying to help you make your site better. Merry Christmas!

Heather Fisher says:

This looks fantastic. Do these cookies freeze well?

Megan says:

How many cookies does one recipe make?

Mary says:

Hi Lizzy. As always, love all your recipes and I’m sure this one will be a “keeper” too. Made your Andes Mint Cupcakes for a Holiday Event and completely sold out!!

Thank you for continuing to share all of your amazing recipes and photos. You are the BEST!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Mary and daughter, Angel 🙂

Oh that’s so incredible to hear! Thank you so much for your support. It’s because of readers like you who share and pin and tell people about my site that I can even do this! Merry Christmas!

I’ve never made cookies out of cake mix before.. this is definitely something delicious and easy that I need to try. Perfect for Christmas time too!

Never underestimate a box of devil’s food cake mix!! awesome!

Lisa says:

Will be making these tonight for Christmas presents!! I needed something and got this email today! Yay!!

Joanne says:

Hi Lizzy – I love your site, and your recipes never fail me! Tonight, I am baking cookies with a chocolate cake mix, and adding chopped cherries and chocolate chunks.
    Merry Christmas!

I aam really enjoying the theme/design of your
    blog. Do you ever run intoo any web browser ccompatibility problems?
    A numbber off my blog visitors have complained about myy
    site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox.

Do you havfe any ideas to help fix this problem?

Teresa says:

Would this work with other cake mixes too? Like Red Velvet cake mix?

I needed to thank yyou for this good read!!
    I certainlyy loved every bit of it. I hazve you book-marked to look at new things you post…

Kari Hall says:

Thanks for the life saving recipe tonight. My daughter needed to bring a recipe to a party tomorrow and this one was great. Did you know your recipe asks you to put UnWrapped kisses on the cookie?

Thanks again.

cory says:

Could I use butter instead of oil??

Mandy says:

These were so great! I made them twice this week for Christmas treats, and people loved them. Thanks for sharing this super easy, yet tasty Christmas cookie recipe!

Krystle says:

Not a good receipe people. You cannot put parchment paper in the oven!!! It causes the oven to smoke. I also combined the eggs, oil and cake mix with a mixer and ended up failing. All it did was clump together and make batter taffy like. You should be more specific, for example, combine by using a spoon.

Hi, eѵery tіmᥱ i used to check webpage posts ɦere early in the daylight, sincе і love to
    gain knowledge օf more and mօгe.