Bundt Cakes just look like summer to me. And this Peaches and Cream Bundt cake is just asking for you to take it on the picnic! So go ahead, treat yourself.
What is it with boys and peaches? I feel like every one I meet goes on and on about peach cobbler this and peach yogurt that. There’s nothing wrong with a good peach, but there are plenty of awesome fruit in the summer, not just peaches.
This one’s for you boys.
Peaches and Crea
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small pkg. instant vanilla or white chocolate pudding mix
- ½ C. peach puree (place peach slices with no skins in blender to make puree)
- ¼ C. milk
- 1 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
- ¾ C. butter melted
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 fresh peaches sliced
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your Bundt pan well.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps, add pudding mix and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine peach puree, milk, sour cream, butter and eggs.
4. Stir in cake mix and pudding mix until smooth.
5. Dump into prepared pan and spread out evenly.
6. Place peach slices on top of the batter (fanning around in a circle) and gently press into the cake.
7. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan, then turn out.
9. Glaze: Place cream cheese and butter in a microwave proof bowl and heat for 20 seconds. Add powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk and whisk until smooth. Add more milk if the glaze is too thick.
10. Pour glaze over cooled cake and serve with fresh peaches.
This recipe is from my new cookbook! Thought I would give you a sample of what’s in it 🙂
It’s pretty gorgeous coming out of the oven…