It does happen!
Okay, so I have been sitting here in the library in the “flirt” zone. And the two people at my table started up a casual conversation, chit chatted for 15 minutes, got each other’s numbers and made plans to go on a date next week! What!?!? I didn’t think it actually happened. I thought it was all just a myth. I thought the blinking sign above my head saying “All Men: Stay Away” doomed everyone within a 50 foot radius of me.
Here’s to the start of the season of love.
Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
- 1 Box chocolate or devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 C. melted butter cooled (or oil)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 C. milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 3/4 C. butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp. strawberry puree see note
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar as needed
Melted Chocolate and Strawberries to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. Combine all other cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix.
5. FIll cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla extract and add 2 Tbsp. strawberry puree. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add more strawberry puree.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with melted chocolate and strawberries.
Strawberry puree means strawberries that that been put in a blender and mixed until it reaches a soup consistency.