These Cranberry Cashew Cupcakes are perfect for the holiday season! The sweet and nutty cake with tart cranberries is a heavenly combination. And of course, cream cheese frosting makes every cupcake better! The secret ingredient to these cupcakes? Silk’s new Cashewmilk!
I hopped on board the Silk Almondmilk train a few months ago when I decided to do a green smoothie every day. But now Silk just came out with Cashewmilk and I love it! Let me tell you, this stuff is so creamy! It’s perfect for smoothies, baking and even hot chocolate!
You can always substitute Silk milks where a cake recipe (or muffin recipe) calls for water or milk! The Cashewmilk is fabulous because the unsweetened version only has 25 calories a serving! I don’t know about you, but I seem to get more and more treats showing up on my doorstep and I’m looking to cut calories where I can to make up for the extra late night cookie 🙂
Cranberry Cashew Cupcakes
- Cranberry Cashew Cake:
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 C. Silk Cashewmilk
- 1/3 C. sour cream
- 1 C. chopped cranberries
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 C. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Candied Cranberries and sprinkles for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a large bowl to remove any lumps and add eggs, butter, Cashewmilk and sour cream. Stir until smooth.
3. Fold in chopped cranberries.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Let cool.
6. Cream cheese frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add milk if it becomes too thick. Add vanilla extract and stir until combined.
7. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and top with candied cranberries and sprinkles.
If you love Silk, you should definitely sign up for their fun eNewsletter! Just check out silk.com/signup and you’ll even get a coupon! And once you try the new Cashewmilk, tell Silk what you think on their Facebook page! And if you want some more delicious recipes using this new Silk product, check out the Pinterest Page!
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.